10 things I learned from Best Buddies
By Eliza Moyer and Julie Henshaw
- That’s its more than okay to smile to strangers;
- That you don’t need a special occasion to get together and have a good meal, spending time together is reason enough (our group had a great time together at Swiss chalet!)
- That its okay to paint outside the lines (as a group social event , we painted our own beautiful pottery! )
- That there’s more to me than what I see in the mirror
- That a genuine smile from a special friend will always be enough to brighten the worst of days
- That to really enjoy the moment, I need to slow down and take life a little less seriously
- That if someone can’t accept me for who I am, just around the corner I know I’ll find someone who can and does.
- That you can always pig-out in front of a true friend (I think we all wished that we had worn elastic-waist pants for all the cookie consumption at our Christmas party!)
- To appreciate my abilities and to challenge my limitations
- That there is no room for judgment in friendship, only love and acceptance
Start a Chapter
To start a Best Buddies chapter at your school,please fill in the information below.
Do you have a story you would like to share with our readers?
Send it to email@example.com